24 November 2014
Thank you so much for your generous offer for our Live Auction for the FAWCO Conference in Rome 2015.
In order to best advertise your lovely home and to present the information in an attractive way at our conference and on The FAWCO Foundation Website, please send us more specific details using the guidelines of the agreement form attached.
This will guide you through the information that is required in order for us to advertise and sell your offer to potential bidders. Please include photographs and any other pertinent information that would help to entice and encourage active and lively bidding at our auction. Please note that we are launching a new Online Auction on March 1, 2015 to cast the net wider by enabling FAWCO members who cannot attend the conference, as well as members’ family and friends, to become bidders! If you are agreeable that your donation be included in the Online Auction as well, please mark the box below.
I’m looking forward to receiving the below information in the coming weeks.
Many thanks again,
Colleen Gilbert Online Auction Coordinator The FAWCO Foundation www.fawcofoundation.org
ASPECTS TO CONSIDER FOR NON-COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES:
• If there’s a distance to travel, offer a stay of at least 4-5 days; otherwise a weekend equivalent is fine.
• Depending on how many can be accommodated - at minimum stay-over offers should be for 2 people.
• Decide if children and/or pets are acceptable.
• Consider including breakfast if you will be present on the property during the stay, but not other meals unless you, the owner, like to cook.
• Consider offering first day escorting to familiarize individuals with the area; offer options that are easy for you to accommodate such as any local sights. (Not required.)
• Make clear what transportation is available. A simple statement is sufficient. Example: “Car recommended” or “public transportation available.”
• State clearly when the end date of offer is, plus any blackout dates. Example: “Date to be coordinated with owner. Valid until March 20XX, not to include Christmas/New Year holiday.”
• If a private home: the owner may be present but must announce that fact; or if the plan is to be absent when the winners come, make certain there is a process for key pick up.
• Online Auction: May we include your donation online as well? (Circle Response).
• If Participating in Online Auction: A minimum bid, reserve price and “buy now” price must be set to begin the bidding process online. We use a formula based on the estimated value of your donation. Please provide an estimated value if you have one, or we can set one for your donation. Estimated value:__________
• Photographs:Please email at least 1 and up to 19 photographs that will entice a bidder to offer the best possible price, in order to achieve a record-breaking fundraising year in Rome for FAWCO!
Thank you again for your generous support!