• As a donor to The Foundation, you decide where your money will go and which FAWCO Foundation project you wish to support
• You are supporting education at all levels of ability and academic achievement throughout the world
• You are aiding projects throughout the world through the Development Grants Fund and making an immediate positive impact on those who support the project
• The FAWCO Foundation is a 501(c)3 tax exempt entity. All donations are tax deductible.
Recipe for Success #1
This fundraising event can work for any size club, any time of the year (perhaps as part of your club’s birthday celebration?) Use the Tripled Tiered Treats Presentation to help you plan this event.
Construct a visual of a three tiered cake (see below for instructions). Each tier has “slices”; each tier’s slices will represent a different donation amount-the lower tiers where there are more slices, will be the least expensive and the top tier will be the most expensive. Each slice will represent a “thank you gift” which is described inside the envelope. For example:
It can be adjusted to include more slices or higher prices for each slice. This model would raise $2600. The goal of this event is to raise money for the FAWCO Target Water Project. The gifts are simply a token of your appreciation. Remember, “It’s the thought that counts”.
We suggest dividing the work as follows: The Party Planners, the Gift Solicitors and the Cake Decorators.
The Party Planners Here are a few things that you might want to discuss with your club’s board:
The Gift Solicitors Soliciting for the gifts is easier when there is a group of three or four people working together. If you want to send prospective donors a letter, we have provided a template. (There is also a thank you card.) However, the direct approach, a phone call or personal visit, sometimes gets the quickest and best result. Print a few of the Target Water Project brochures to take with you.
Try to have an assortment of gifts –it adds an element of surprise and it’s easier to acquire an assortment of items rather than a lot of one single item. Here are some ideas for items to be included as gifts:
Ask your Club “foodies” to help. Could each of them offer a gift certificate to bake their signature pie, cookies, or brownies? Perhaps you could ask your local bakeries for the same kind of certificate. For higher tiers, perhaps someone might donate to prepare dessert for a dinner party (crepes? cheesecake?) Or offer a free cooking lesson?
Donations from local businesses –restaurants, tea rooms, hotels might offer a certificate for two for lunch, tea or dinner. Local cooking schools or those local cooking instructors your club uses to teach cooking classes to your members might offer a gift certificate or two for a cooking class. Merchandise is perfect for all levels, cake stands, mugs refrigerator magnets, aprons, cookbooks kitchen gadgets, big or small. Gift baskets are also a great item- a chocolate lovers’ delight, for example. These can be created by volunteers or donated by local shops.
The Cake Decorators Here is a suggested “visual” for the cake-but feel free to create whatever your club feels best conveys the message!
Ingredients (the supplies you need):
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A GREAT EVENT!
Download this Page
HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL ITEMS FOR THIS EVENT:
- The FAWCO Target Water Project, Tabitha - Cambodia, Wells For Clean Water Brochure
- Wells for Clean Water presentation
- "Tripled Tiered Treats" Brochure and Letter (A4 brochure format)
- Sample press release for this event at your club
- “Triple Tiered Treats” Solicitation Letter in English
- “Triple Tiered Treats” Thank you letter in English
- “Well” Deserved Deserts and Target Logos
- Sample envelopes/”Slices” Slice #1, Slice #2, Slice #3
- Gift Description Card for Envelope
- Donation Form
- Contact the Sous Chef for this recipe with any questions or comments: